Excess facial hair can be exasperating, affecting its appearance. It is common to have some fine and light colored hair on the face of all women . However, some women have excess hair on the lips and upper cheeks, which could be due to higher levels of normal androgen male hormone. It occurs in all women, but in insignificant quantities. Below are some of the natural ways to get rid of cheek hair, which have shown effective results.
Natural Remedies to Get Rid of Cheek Hair:
1. Orange and Honey Peel:
Orange peel is rich in vitamin C that fights free radicals, delaying the skin aging process. Honey, on the other hand, acts as a natural bleaching agent and is also rich in antioxidants.
- Mix 2 teaspoons of orange peel powder and 1 teaspoon of honey in a small bowl.
- Apply this paste on your cheeks and upper lips (if necessary).
- Let it dry for some time. The paste will not dry completely, due to the presence of honey in it.
- Therefore, when the paste is partially dry, gently remove it from the skin by massaging its cheeks with a circular upward movment.
- Wash your face with water and pat it dry.
- Following this remedy for a month, every day, you will see obvious results.
2. Turmeric and Papaya Paste:
Due to its healing and antioxidant properties, turmeric is considered one of the miraculous herbs. It also promotes skin cleansing by helping to get rid of facial hair. Papaya moisturizes the skin, eliminates imperfections and lightens hair.
- Mix the pulp of a small raw papaya to make a fine paste.
- Add 1/2 teaspoon of turmeric powder to this and mix well.
- Apply this paste on the cheeks or on the entire face and massage for 15-20 minutes.
- Practice this remedy once a week, for about 2 months to see how cheek hair is reduced.
3. Fenugreek Paste and Green Gram:
While fenugreek is an effective anti-aging product for the skin, the green gram has enzymes that effectively help remove facial hair due to its scrubbing ability.
- Grind equal proportions of fenugreek and green gram to form a fine powder.
- Add water to this mixture to form a smooth paste.
- Apply this on your cheeks and let it sit for 15 to 20 minutes.
- With a soft dry cloth, remove the paste.
- Do not wash your face for at least 6 hours after the previous process.
- Try this remedy once a week until you see satisfactory results.
4. Sugar and Egg White Facial Mask:
Egg white has lightening and depilatory properties, so it can be used as a mask. The sugar acts as a scrub to facilitate hair removal.
- To 1 egg white, add 2 teaspoons of fine sugar.
- Mix well to form a paste of thicker consistency.
- Apply this paste on the cheeks and let dry.
- Once it dries, wash your face with water, gently massaging the cheeks in the opposite direction to hair growth.
- Follow this remedy three times a week for faster results.
5. Potato Juice and Lentil Paste:
Potato juice has lightening properties for skin and hair and lentils act as a natural scrub.
- Soak 1 small bowl of yellow lentils in water overnight.
- Grind them until you get a fine paste the next morning.
- Add 1 tablespoon of extracted potato juice when mixing and squeezing a potato.
- To this mixture is added 1 tablespoon of honey and 4 tablespoons of lemon juice.
- Apply it on the cheeks and let it dry.
- Gently remove it from the skin after it dries, then wash your face.
- This mixture can be stored for 2 days in the refrigerator.
6. Barley and Milk Pasta:
Barley exfoliates the skin eliminating dead skin and unwanted hair. Milk is a good moisturizer that neutralizes the effect of barley peeling.
- To 1 tablespoon of barley powder, add 1 tablespoon of lemon juice and 1 tablespoon of milk.
- Mix well to form a fine paste.
- Apply this on your cheeks and let it stand for about 20-25 minutes.
- Wash your face with warm water.
- Try this remedy 3 times a week to see obvious results.
7. Oatmeal Scrub:
Oatmeal acts as an active scrub that softens facial hair and helps remove it.
- To 2 teaspoons of oatmeal, add 2 teaspoons of fine sugar and 1 teaspoon of lemon juice.
- Mix well to form a thin paste and apply it on the cheeks, in the opposite direction to that of the cheek hair.
- Remove the mask by gently peeling it with your fingers, after it dries.
- Practice this three times a week to see how your unwanted hair fades.
8. Apricot and Honey Scrub:
Dried apricots are natural scrubs, which remove dead skin, unwanted hair and unclog pores.
- Grind 1/2 cup dried apricots to form a thick powder.
- To this, add 1 tablespoon of honey or whatever it takes to form a paste.
- Apply this on your cheeks and let it stand for 5-10 minutes.
- Once it is partially dry, massage your cheeks in the opposite direction to the cheek hair, for 15-20 minutes.
- Rinse with warm water.
9. Wheat Bran:
Wheat bran, in addition to removing unwanted hair, also prevents wrinkles.
- Mix 3 tablespoons wheat bran, 1 tablespoon rose water and 1 tablespoon milk to form a paste.
- Apply this paste on the cheeks and let stand for 2 minutes.
- Start massaging with circular movements until the paste dries.
- Wash with warm water and pat dry.
- Try this remedy daily for 1-2 weeks, followed by reducing the frequency to three times per week.
10. Blend of Lavender Oil and Tea Tree:
Both lavender and tea tree oil have antiandrogenic properties, which help treat unwanted facial hair.
- To 1 teaspoon of lavender oil, add 4-6 drops of tea tree oil.
- Apply it on the cheeks with a soft cloth or a cotton ball.
- Wash with warm water.
- Try it two or three times a week for three continuous months, to see how your cheek hair disappears permanently.
Facial hair may also be due to underlying health conditions such as polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS), medications and birth control pills. Therefore, identifying and treating the root cause is one of the best options to get rid of cheek hair. It is recommended to consult your doctor as soon as you see a big difference in the pattern of facial hair growth.